We’re Hiring Mechanical Development Engineer
Job Title: Mechanical Development Engineer
Our company, Keit Ltd (www.keit.co.uk), is bringing an exciting new spectroscopy technology to market. This is a product design and development role that will provide crucial CAD and mechanical design support to a variety of optical development projects.
Main Activities and Key Roles of the Position
You will be responsible for various aspects of product development work which may include:
- Design of mechanical components to realise a provided optical design brief using SolidWorks
- Producing manufacturing drawings from existing solid models using SolidWorks
- Managing the procurement of all mechanical components
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience Required
- Some kind of formal training in mechanical engineering, which may consist of:
- An apprenticeship
- Demonstrable experience in product development using SolidWorks
It would be great (but not necessary) if the candidate had experience in some of these areas:
- Design and build of optical systems
- All the phases of new product development, from initial prototyping to production release
- Design-for-manufacture methodologies, such as 6-sigma and lean
- Design of FT-IR spectroscopy instruments
- General tinkering and making/breaking things
Be enthusiastic and innovative with a positive pro-active attitude that will drive the project forwards and contribute to the success of the entire company.
This position is based at the Keit offices in South Oxfordshire. The successful candidate must be authorised to work in the UK and local enough to work from the Keit office.
Apply for this vacancy
If you would like to apply and your skills meet with our requirements for this position, please email a covering letter and your CV on email@example.com.