Job Title: Sales Manager
- £50,000 – £60,000 + Options Package + Performance Bonus + Career Development
- Didcot, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- Significant travel in UK, EU and USA
We are looking to hire a candidate specifically with spectroscopy experience (possibly Near Infrared, UV/Visible or Mid Infrared) or from other process analysis companies including Gas Chromatographs, Liquid Chromatographs (HPLC) (used in a manufacturing process environment).
We are a well-backed start-up company in process of launching our first product: a mid-IR spectrometer for in-line process measurement in the chemical, bio-renewable, oil & gas, food & beverage and pharmaceutical industries. To drive the sales growth we are looking to hire a Sales Manager covering the chemical and biorenewables sectors, focused on the UK, EU and North America. This is an excellent opportunity to get in to a high-potential, high-growth UK technology company early in its development, with the ability to influence and drive the sales direction of the company.
The company is bringing an exciting new spectrometer technology to market. We have a strong team of scientists and engineers developing the product and we are now recruiting a Sales Manager as we transition to the commercialisation phase of our development.
Our target customers are managing complex production environments, predominantly in the chemical and bio-renewables industries, and many of them already have a detailed understanding of spectrometer technology and its role in manufacturing.
Main Activities and Key Roles of the Position:
- You will be responsible for developing and delivering the global sales strategy. Initially you will be responsible for generating sales directly but will transition in to managing a sales team and distributor network for global sales across multiple industries.
- Delivering initial sales of process spectrometers to the chemical and bio-renewable industries
- Providing “voice of the customer” input to the product strategy and product development process
- Developing, in conjunction with the CEO, the global sales strategy through a mix of direct, OEM and distributor sales channels
- Identifying, recruiting and managing direct sales people and distributors in order to maximise commercial benefit
- Becoming part of the management team developing and implementing the overall strategy of the company
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Appropriate, tangible prior experience of managing sales in a process analysis company, ideally with strong spectroscopy experience
- Experience of building and managing a direct sales organisation and a distributor network
This position is based at the Keit offices in South Oxfordshire. The successful candidate must be authorised to work in the UK and local enough to the office to be able to spend 2-3 days per week in the office but the role will require a large degree of travel, both in the UK and overseas, with significant time likely to be required in the US.
Apply for this vacancy
If you would like to apply and your skills meet with our requirements for this position, please email us a covering letter and your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org.