Due to increasing customer demand, we are hiring an Applications Scientist-Chemometrician to join our cross-functional development and support team. The role will support sales by working with customers; their processes, their samples and their data, to demonstrate the potential of Keit’s innovative IRmadillo process FTIR spectrometer to help them control and optimise their production processes.
We are also seeking to expand the use of statistics and data science techniques to enhance our overall product offering and this role supports that development.
This role is open to recent graduates, PhDs as well as those with further experience.
Main actvities & key roles of the position
- Peforming laboratory analysis of customer samples to develop model-ready data sets
- Development of chemometric models (such as PLS, PCR, SVM, PCA) that demonstrate the capability of the IRmadillo in each application
- Working with customers to understand and use those models and to trouble-shoot any issues that arise during their operation
- Supporting Sales in customer conversations to understand their chemistry and explain the spectroscopy
- Supporting customers in how to connect their spectrometers to their plant control systems and trouble-shooting the same
- Do you have appropriate, tangible prior experience of analytical spectroscopy?
- Do you have significant experience of chemometric modelling, perhaps using Unscrambler, Eigenvector (EVRI), R, Python or other chemometrics or statistical modelling packages?
- Interested in expanding the company’s use of data science and statistics?
- Are you looking for an exciting, varied role where you can learn from entrepreneurial colleagues on a mission to innovate?
- Are you enthusiastic about working in a small team where decisions are made rapidly and you can influence those decisions and make your mark?
- Do you have an inquisitive mind and a quest to keep learning and improving?
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?
Keit is a young, dynamic company that helps chemical companies improve their processes through the use of our patented IRmadillo FTIR spectrometer. We’re constantly improving our product offering and the way that we work. You’ll experience cutting-edge agile management methods and learn about lean 6-sigma manufacturing techniques alongside product design. You’ll be working across all aspects of the business within a multi-disciplinary team, and you will be working directly with international customers.
- This role is primarily based on site at the Keit office in Harwell Oxford, Didcot (OX11); However, some remote flexibility is available as per business needs plus occasional international travel for customer visits & conferences.
- Up to £45,000 Negotiable DOE, plus share options
- Full Time – Flexibility in working hours available
- Reports to the Product & Applications Director
Apply for This Vacancy
If your interest, skills & talents match this job description, apply to Recruitment Revolution (Re: 16394)
Job applicant personal data privacy statement
As part of the recruitment process, Keit collects and processes personal data related to job applicants, such as found on a CV, which includes things such as: name, address, email address, telephone number, details of qualifications, employment history, and information about the applicant’s entitlement to work in the UK. Keit may also collect personal data about the applicant from third parties, such as recruiters and/or references supplied by former employers. We need to process this data to ensure suitability of the candidate for employment, to enter into any employment contract and to ensure that Keit is complying with legal obligations. Keit retains this information in a secure system and will delete/destroy the information after a reasonable amount of time. Applicants have the right to obtain a copy of their data and/or have their data deleted upon request.